This year, the race is on Saturday, August 18 at 8:00 AM. The Fun Run is at 9:00 AM. Race-day registration and check-in for the 5K take place from 7:00 to 7:45 AM.
Please register early & online! The strongly preferred method to register for the 5K is to fill out the web form on this page (new!), save it to PDF, and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can print out a hard copy of the completed form and bring it to the race, or register on race day. Free jar of honey to the first 100 registrants!
5K (8:00 AM) FEE:
Pay on race day. The fee for Hancock residents is $5 and the fee for non-residents is $10. Checks should be made out to "Ginger Smith, Race Director".
FUN RUN (9:00 AM):
No online registration. Sign in on race day anytime from 7:30 on. The Fun Run is free. The course is a 200-yard circuit around the town green between the Congregational Church and the Town Hall.
WHERE TO GO:
On race day, go to registration and check-in in front of the church vestry on Main Street, in the center of Hancock, just to the east of the Congregational Church.
is limited but available along Main Street, behind the Town Office Building, and behind the Library. Do not park at the Post Office.
go to the top three females and males in the following age groups: 13 and under, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+. (Awards will not be mailed. Please be present at the awards ceremony.) Ribbons for all Fun Run finishers!
RACE DAY MISC.:
- Bathrooms are available at registration, starting line, and finish.
- Time splits are given at the 1- and 2-mile markers.
- Water station at around 2.1 miles.
- Bring the family and enjoy the tradition of Old Home Day! Activities throughout the day include a parade, crafts, food, and entertainment.
can be seen here on Cool Running.
- From Nashua: Take 101 West to Peterborough. From Peterborough, take 202 North. About 2 miles after Eastern Mountain Sports, turn left on 123. Follow 123 into downtown Hancock.
- From Keene: Take 101 East to Peterborough, then follow the rest of the above directions from Peterborough.
- From Central Mass.: Take 202 North through Peterborough, then follow the rest of the above directions from Peterborough.
- From Concord: Take 202 South through Antrim. About 3 miles beyond the center of Antrim, turn right on 137. Follow 137 into downtown Hancock.