This year, the race is on Saturday, August 18 at 8:00 AM. The Fun Run is at 9:00 AM. Race-day registration and check-in take place from 7:00 to 7:45 AM.
The strongly preferred method to register for the 5K is to fill out and save this PDF form in one of the ways listed below and email the completed form to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can fill out a printed copy of the form and bring it to the race, or register on race day. Free jar of honey to the first 100 registrants!
5K (8:00 AM) FEE:
Pay on race day. The fee for Hancock residents is $5 and the fee for non-residents is $10. Checks should be made out to "Ginger Smith, Race Director".
FUN RUN (9:00 AM):
No online registration. Sign in on race day anytime from 7:30 on. The Fun Run is free.
WHERE TO GO:
On race day, go to registration and check-in in front of the church vestry on Main Street, in the center of Hancock, just to the east of the Congregational Church.
is limited but available along Main Street, behind the Town Office Building, and behind the Library. Do not park at the Post Office.
go to the top three females and males in the following age groups: 13 and under, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+. (Awards will not be mailed. Please be present at the awards ceremony.)
can be seen here on Cool Running.
PDF FORM INSTRUCTIONS:
Note that filling out your name in the "sign here" field counts as signing the form electronically.
- On a Mac:
- Using Safari: Open the PDF. Fill it out and save it (with the floppy disk icon at top), using your own name for the file name in the format "Last,First.pdf".
- Using Chrome: Open the PDF. Fill it out, go to print it (Cmd+P or the print button at upper right); for Destination, choose "Save as PDF"; click the Save button; and name the file as above.
- Alternative: Download the PDF, fill it out in Preview, and print it to PDF, naming the file as above.
- On Windows:
- Using Chrome: Analogous to the Mac/Chrome instructions above.
- Alternative: download the PDF, fill out the form, and print it to PDF, naming the file as above. Filling out the form and printing it to PDF can be done in Adobe Acrobat (not Reader). You can also install a free PDF printer driver such as doPDF in order to print to PDF from the Adobe Reader plugin in Firefox or Internet Explorer, or from standalone Adobe Reader.
- On a Mac:
5K RACE COURSE
See the course map below. The 5K starts at 8:00 AM on School Street near the Hancock Elementary School playing fields. From there:
- Start on School Street going south toward Main Street.
- Left onto Main Street.
- Left again onto Rt. 137 (Bennington Road) and down the hill.
- Bear right on Evergreen Hill Road (dirt) and go up hill #1.
- After the crest of the hill, at the intersection, turn left onto Antrim Road.
- Down the gradual hill and past Mile 1.
- Cross Rt. 137 and soon bear left onto Garand Rd, which quickly becomes a footpath.
- Cross the Betty Pels Bridge onto Mill Road and go up hill #2.
- At the end of Mill Road, turn left onto Longview Road.
- Mile 2 is along Longview Road. At the end of Longview, bear right onto Rt. 137.
- Past the fire station and up a small hill, then right onto Main Street.
- Finish on Main Street in front of the registration area near the church vestry.